Ben Varela founded WORKPOINT engineering in 2015. Before its formation, Ben worked at Thornton Tomasetti – Los Angeles office for over nine years, participating in more than thirty different projects. He is licensed as Structural Engineer in the state of California.
Ben received his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Berkeley in 2006. Ben has participated in a broad range of projects, being responsible for the analysis and design of mixed-use, high-rise and commercial buildings, education facilities, performing arts centers, museums, sports facilities and transportation centers. He has also performed seismic evaluations for existing structures. His technical experience includes finite element and nonlinear analyses, parametric rationalization of geometry, Building Information Modeling and integration between façade and main building structure.
LICENSES & ACCREDITATIONS
- Licensed Structural Engineer in California (S5714)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California (C73347)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Nevada (SE 024810)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Hawaii (PE 17466)
- U.S. Resiliency Council Certified Rating Professional
- LEED Accredited Professional, Building Design and Construction
- Registered California Emergency Management Agency Safety Assessment Program Evaluator (SAP ID # 73415)