- Licensed Structural Engineer in California (S5714)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California (C73347)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Nevada (SE 24810)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Hawaii (PE 17466)
- U.S. Resiliency Council Certified Rating Professional
- LEED Accredited Professional, Building Design and Construction
- Registered California Emergency Management Agency Safety Assessment Program Evaluator (SAP ID # 73415)
Ben Varela founded WORKPOINT engineering in 2015 and is a licensed Structural Engineer in the state of California. He received his Bachelor's in Civil Engineering from Monterrey Tech, Mexico and his Master of Science degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
As a structural engineer in Los Angeles for over 12 years, Ben’s experience spans a variety of mixed-use, high-rise, and commercial buildings, educational facilities, performing arts centers, museums, sports facilities, and transportation centers. He has also completed seismic evaluations for existing structures.
Ben’s technical experience includes finite element and non-linear analyses, parametric rationalization of geometry, Building Information Modeling, and integrating façades with main building structure.
Pomona College Studio Art Hall, Pomona, California | wHY Architects*
Edison Language Academy, Santa Monica, California | Kevin Daly Architects*
Speed Art Museum, Louisville, Kentucky | wHY Architects*
Wilshire Grand Tower Complex, Los Angeles, California | AC Martin*
ITC Colombo One, Colombo, Sri Lanka | Gensler*
Block 188, Austin, Texas | Handel Architects*
Rupp Arena & Lexington Convention Center, Lexington, Kentucky | nbbj*
Rose Bowl Renovation, Pasadena, California | DAIQ Architects*
Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco, CA | Pelli Clark Pelli Architects*
*Denotes work at previous company