Based in our Santa Monica office, we are looking for a dedicated and ambitious BIM modeler to join our friendly, dynamic team. A high level of technical ability is essential, as is a passion and curiosity for structural design and the built environment.
As a BIM Modeler, you will be expected to work with project members to develop building information models and drawings for project deliverables. With the assistance of the company principals, you will coordinate the BIM modelling efforts within the office and assist in reviewing and maintaining a high-quality of project deliverables. This position will also take a leading role in the management of WORKPOINT engineering’s BIM standards.
Revit is used as standard within the office, but proficiency with other programs/plug-ins including Rhino, Dynamo, Grasshopper, and AutoCAD is a definite plus.
• Design structural 3D models based on models and drawings from architects and direction from engineers.
• Creation of drawings as project deliverables, including annotation and dimensioning, with a high degree of independence.
• Construction of two-dimensional detailing based on design input from engineers.
• Management of drawing packages and model worksets.
• Coordination of office BIM efforts in coordination with WPe Managers.
• Examine deliverables for accuracy and conformance with WPe BIM standards.
• Management and development of WPe BIM standards.
Skills and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a discipline relating to Architecture/Civil Engineering is preferred
• Proficiency with REVIT
• Proficiency with other 3D modelling packages and plugins preferred
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 0-5 years experience.
Rewards and Benefits
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Challenging start-up work environment that rewards hard work and provides excellent opportunities for career growth.
• Engaging co-workers that facilitates a collaborative, friendly working environment.
WORKPOINT engineering is an equal opportunity employer.