Based in our Santa Monica office, we are looking for a creative, enthusiastic engineer to join our friendly, dynamic team. A high level of technical ability is essential, as is a passion and curiosity for structural design and the built environment.
Individuals within our team are encouraged to be involved in all aspects of the design process, from coordinating with other disciplines to the analysis and design of structural framing and the preparation of models and details. WORKPOINT engineering embraces the use of technology and proficiency in modelling software including Rhino and Revit and parametric tools such as Grasshopper or Dynamo is preferred.
• Analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures.
• Coordination of work with architects and other disciplines.
• Preparation and review of design documentation throughout the project’s development.
• Support of construction administration.
Skills and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in structural, civil, or architectural engineering. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• PE License preferred (or candidates working towards their license).
• 0-7 years experience.
• Familiar with ETABS/SAP2000 and SAFE.
• Proficiency in Rhino, Revit and other modelling software preferred.
• Proficiency in Grasshopper, Dynamo, and other parametric tools preferred.
Rewards and Benefits
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• Challenging start-up work environment that rewards hard work and provides excellent opportunities for career growth
• Engaging co-workers that facilitate a collaborative, friendly working environment
WORKPOINT engineering is an equal opportunity employer.